A singular house facing the Ebro
A room with views
The art of living and sharing
The calm and harmony of the place
El Balcó de Miravet
Bed & Breakfast facing the river Ebro
A charming house where coexist
art, music and landscape.
We are Joaquim and Aurelius and we welcome you to our lodging houses: El Balcó de Miravet and Palau.
We offer you a comfortable apartment for two people with privileged views over the magnificent landscape of the Ebro river, at the foot of the Templar castle of Miravet.
We guarantee an unforgettable stay! ♥️
Joaquim is teacher in Fine Arts. His passion is painting, sculpture and classical music.
Me, Aureli, fine art photographer, manager of El Balcó and Palau de Miravet accommodations, local guide and my passion is to share with my guests and friends the art of good living.
By sharing our home we are helping to create a world where people can feel at home, wherever they are.
For years we have practiced home exchange and hospitality is part of our daily life, especially with creative people, respectful of our condition and sensitivity to art and landscape, with special predilection for musicians (we have piano at home).
Our philosophy of life is based on respect for people and nature, quiet life, silence and curiosity for art and culture.
The art of living and sharing!
“La Sixtina” is the guest room with a balcony onto the landscape, along with the bathroom, a dining room-office, a covered terrace, and an exit to the garden.
An entire apartment floor with total privacy and an independent entrance from the rest of the house.
The bed is king size with cotton linen and wool blankets.
The masthead has two ‘ignudis’ by Michelangelo, painted by Joaquim, representing antagonisms; beauty, intelligence and eros turning their backs on envy and selfishness.
The guest floor has the following:
- Bedroom, bathroom, kitchen-dining room and covered terrace.
- Microwave, mini fridge, toaster and Nespresso coffee machine.
- Breakfast buffet included (self-managed).
- Heating and air conditioning.
- Internet Wi-Fi. There is NO television.
- Books, guides and maps of the area.
- Bed and bath linen, hairdryer and first aid kit.
- Guests are responsible for their use, order and cleanliness.
The House of the Red Rock
The house was designed by Joaquim, author of the restoration and works of art of Palau. It is integrated into the landscape and recovers the appearance and volume of the three houses that formerly occupied the place, lost as a result of the Battle of the Ebro (1938).
The concept was to make a house sustainable and energy efficient, taking advantage of recycled materials, doors, windows and traditional reeds.
The balance of the indoor ecosystem of the house is vital. That is why we condition and ventilate it according to the outside temperature, avoiding opening windows (with mosquito nets) when it is hotter.
The natural rock of the mountain regulates the temperature inside the house. We also have solar panels for hot water and wood stove to heat the main hall.
The garden is a real oasis with the paradiso fig tree and the ecological pond.
– Breakfast included (self-managed)
– Capsule coffee machine
– Infusions, teas and coffees
– Fridge with freezer
– Air conditioning and heating
– Wool and cotton blankets
– Cotton bedding
– Bath products
– Hair dryer
– Wifi throughout the house
– Mosquito nets
– Bookshop, maps and guides
* No TV
– Dinner basket
– Catering service
– Room cleaning
– Laundry service
– Luggage transport
– Guided tours
– Massage service
* All extra services are subject to availability of staff.
Check out our experiences.
– Rates: 80€* to 150€/night*
* Depending on the number of nights of overnight stay
* Accommodation PTE-000299
– Minimum overnight stay: 2 days / €250
– Arrival: 4pm to 9pm (to be specified)
– Check-out: until 11:00 am
– Payment: bank deposit of one night (depending on reservation) and the rest in cash at the time of check-in.
– Tourist tax aside.
* We do not accept VISA
* Free stays for musicians in exchange for a concert (we study proposals).
We practice exchanging homes with people from all over the world and cultures. It’s amazing!
In case of cancellation up to 7 days before the date we will refund the total reservation.
For cancellations within the last 7 days we reserve the right to charge €150, equivalent to the cost of the minimum stay.
In case of cancellation once they have stayed, overnight nights are charged. Date changes are considered cancellations and new reservation.
* All other considerations comply with Decree 75/2020, of August 4, on Tourism of Catalonia.
* WE DO NOT ACCEPT SMOKERS
* Smoking is prohibited throughout the house
– We do not admit minors
– We do not accept pets
– Mobile phones in silent mode from 23h to 9h
Silence, peace and tranquility are the added values that we appreciate most of the place.
– Recycle packaging and organic waste
In our house we take care of nature. All clothes are washed with ecological soap, not aggressive to the environment. We are committed to sustainability.
– We have cats in the Forests of Norway at home
Our guests usually have sensitivity to art, nature (and naturism), music and interest in heritage and history.
People looking for a special place to enjoy the calm, the benefits of the place or celebrate a special date.
A pleasure to welcome you into our home and grateful for the appreciations received.
That’s why we give you our warmest welcome!